Shop for Authentic Autographed Packers Collectibles at SportsMemorabilia.com

Friday, September 13, 2013

For Sale – One Aaron Rodgers Jersey

What you see here is a gently worn #12 jersey size 50 with stitched letters and numbering. Although it has Reebok tagging and feels every bit authentic, I believe it to be a knock off (albeit a very nice one).


Here’s the deal: I’ve had enough of this thing. This was my first jersey I ever purchased. Before this, I had never considered myself a “jersey guy”, but when a co-worker talked me into going in on a group discount, I caved and I never felt quite right wearing it. That’s probably because I believe it to be cursed by a Wiccan Bears’ fan living in China.

You see, this jersey has been worn JUST THREE TIMES.

1)  11/1/09 – Packers lost 38-26 to the Vikings
2)  1/15/11 – Packers lost 37-20 to the Giants
3)  9/8/13 – Packers lost 34-28 to the 49ers

That’s right. I wore it three times and was subsequently the cause of both a devastating loss and severe emotional damage to Packer nation each and every time, with last weekend's loss cementing this decision. No other cause for these losses can be ascertained without attributing them to wild speculation or superstitious nonsense. These losses were on me, and I accept that.

However, I would like to emphasize that just because the jersey is clearly cursed for me does NOT mean it will be cursed for you. In fact, it may have the exact opposite effect and result in a string of championships as long as the jersey remains wearable! Or, more likely, it will simply provide you with that traditional game-day flair that will make your football viewing that much more enjoyable. It just needs to be worn by someone who would appreciate wearing it. Again, I’m just not a jersey guy and I can’t stand having cursed items in my closet. #Petpeeve

And to sweeten the dealio even more, I will DONATE all the money to charity (after shipping charges). This is not a joke – I will send you a screen capture of the charity receipt and post it on this site. (Right now, I am thinking the MAAC Fund due to Rodgers’ public support of the organization.) So, you’ll not only receive a great jersey, you’re helping support a great cause. It’s a win-win-win with more epic win upside if you wearing the jersey does in fact result in Super Bowl wins.

Please, I invite you to send your best offer to packerranter at yahoo dot com, below in the comments, or on our Facebook page, etc. and I will get back to you.

Would also consider trades for well-preserved/packaged specialty meats or cheeses, or for a generous spin through your tailgate libations at Throwback Weekend. We’ll be there, BTW.

3 comments:

  1. I would love to help you out, but everytime I've gotten a Jersey, that player has had a career ending injury. I cannot own a jersey from a current player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for knowing your limitations, we, and all Packers' fans, appreciate your foresight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A_Lerxst_in_PackerlandSeptember 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM

    Amen, Brother!

    ReplyDelete

Google requires us to state we use third-party advertising, who may use information (not including your name, address, email, or phone) about your visits to provide ads of possible interest. For more information or to opt out, click here.
To contact us or to advertise, email packerranter {at} yahoo.com