Shop for Authentic Autographed Packers Collectibles at SportsMemorabilia.com

Monday, September 22, 2008

Moving on then...

Things are not good today. Beer bottles, jerky bits and general cluttered depression surround me. I literally have not moved from the recliner since Franklin left sometime last night. This is why I take Mondays off. Whether it's celebrating a win with an afternoon kegger or painfully replaying a non-win in solitude, I always need one more day after a Packer game to recover. If I were delivering today, the general idiocy that surrounds the pizza business in Green Bay would likely push me over the edge.

And as if things couldn't get worse than losing to Dallas at home, Franklin left this message about 10 minutes ago. "Robby, I know it's Monday Mourning but the word is Al Harris has a ruptured spleen and is out the rest of the year." The good news is that I was actually able to take things in stride. And by "stride" I mean my lifeless stare into the void. And by "void" I mean my gila monster, Rick.

Here's to hoping Tuesday brings better news for the Green & Gold.

2 comments:

  1. When I first heard about Al Harris possibly being out for the season I must admit that I was quite confused... I thought the predator was another life-form from another planet and therefore not limited by "spleen" injuries.

    Eventually tears cleared away my confusion and I have decided that this is clearly a plot at evening out the NFC North and ensuring parity, a word made up by Rodger Goodell and his cronies at the league office to give hope to small market teams while the large markets continually win Super Bowls and NFC championship games.

    At this point in time Al's status for the season is in limbo; but if the "spleen" is ruptured and Alien babies start popping out of NFL executive's stomaches ... well then I would have to say I told you so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Google requires us to state we use third-party advertising, who may use information (not including your name, address, email, or phone) about your visits to provide ads of possible interest. For more information or to opt out, click here.
To contact us or to advertise, email packerranter {at} yahoo.com