Shop for Authentic Autographed Packers Collectibles at SportsMemorabilia.com

Monday, December 14, 2009

Views from the Hillside

You’ve waited, and now it’s here, another installment of “Views from the Hillside". You haven’t been waiting? Oh well, maybe you didn’t know you were waiting, but your subconscious most definitely was. I usually throw one of these out when I can’t think of anything genius like this. The root cause often being a wicked hangover, but not this time. I’ve just had too many random thoughts and needed to get them all out.

  • How blind are football prognosticators? Remember this past summer after the great Jay Cutler was brought to Chicago, and that moved them up to the elite of the NFC? Peter King picked them to go to the Super Bowl and Kevin Seifert picked them to win the NFC North. How this happened, I really have no clue. I took an objective glance at their roster before the season…well, as objectively as anyone can look at a junk roster, and said no way they even finish 8-8. I’m waiting for the Sports Illustrated and ESPN job offers to come in…my email must be down.
  • Dom Capers is craaaazy!
  • I think Iwas involved in/overheard/ignored 23 different Tiger Woods’ conversations this past weekend. Those are parts of my life I will never get back. How does Tiger measure himself to other golfers? I think we know it’s not by height.
  • Soldier Field looks worse than East Dillon High’s. That is an embarrassment for a pro football franchise.
  • And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply". So he tucked his hair up under his hat and he went in to ask him why. He said "You look like fine a upstanding young man, I think you'll do. So he took off his hat, and said, “Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"
  • Avatar. Avatar. Avatar. Nerd-herd, mount up!
  • Corey Willams blew up the Shittsburgh Steelers. Yeah, that Corey Williams. Jolly, Pickett, Jenkins, and Raji are going to be eating Rothlis Burgers for dinner on Sunday.
  • Jermichael Finley needs a nickname. Thoughts? How about: “Don’t Even Try And Cover Me With Anything Other Than A Cornerback Because You Will Fail”? That has a nice ring to it.
  • Yesterday, I spilled a beer. That was my first spill in 107 attempts. Pretty good streak.
Okay, maybe I'm a tad hungover.

10 comments:

  1. 107 attempts, eh? Now that's a good weekend. Hangover earned, my friend. Hangover earned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing left to ask Charles Woodson to do out on the field is to play quarterback or kick field goals. I'm certain he could do both in a pinch. Since he returned punts and also played wide receiver at Michigan I think we should let him have a go at it if Crosby misses one more time from inside 40yds. I'm sure if he was to play quarterback he could defend himself in the pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh did I mention...
    http://twentyfourwine.com/twentyfour_home.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shizzle, it was a week-long, cumulative effort of happy hours, holiday parties, bar-hopping, football viewing, and...breakfast.

    Monday came way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For Shizzle, (if that even is your real name), you don't know what you're talking about. 107 attempts is a slow tuesday considering the fun-sized sips F.H. takes. Plus, I bet he was drinking some girly micro-brew and not a manly beer like ICE HOUSE!

    Jonathan, (like that's your real name), The 24 site is only 2/5ths operational. I demand a site be at least 50% operational before I am sent there. Please, keep that in mind to avoid upsetting me in the future.

    *you won't like me when I'm angry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Cutler pic. I'm pretty sure his Emo outfits are in storage until January. Big Emo scene down der in Chicago. He'll fit right in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific. What did you guys do with John Johnson? Its a good time to be a Packer Fan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. John Johnson has a standing invite to contribute his Company-line views anytime. ANYTIME!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, Graham. I would never insult the gay community like that.

    ReplyDelete

Google requires us to state we use third-party advertising, who may use information (not including your name, address, email, or phone) about your visits to provide ads of possible interest. For more information or to opt out, click here.
To contact us or to advertise, email packerranter {at} yahoo.com