Shop for Authentic Autographed Packers Collectibles at SportsMemorabilia.com

Friday, May 1, 2009

Franklin Hillside Packer Bar

A wise man once said, "A man's home is his castle." Well, if that's true, then a man's Packer bar is his Bat Cave. With the economy in the tank, the library business is booming, no one wants to buy books, they just want to borrow them. Which means that by extension, the book repair business has been booming. I'm fine with this for two reasons 1) it allows me more time to sit in the library basement working and watching old Packer game tapes and 2) it has allowed me the opportunity to purchase a permanent residence. Unfortunately, it is not this place, (remember that house across from Lambeau Robert?) but it is still a decent home. Since this is my first home purchase, I qualify for the homebuyers' $8,000 tax credit. HI-YO!!! Now some people would use that money to redo the kitchen or bathroom, or put on a new roof, go on vacation or even just save it for a rainy day, but not me. All in good time. I'm taking all $8,000 and putting in a Packer bar in my basement. Since I live in Minnesota, this will be my refuge from the Purple and Gold.

Now for those other homebuyers out there, or even those of you just interested in putting in a Packer bar, I have put together the essentials needed to make it a shrine to Sunday afternoons. It even falls right into the $8,000 budget. For those of you who already have Packer bars, let me know what I've left out that you have found essential. I wish it was September.



If you are going to have a true Packer bar, it starts from the ground up. What's on the ground? Carpet. Pick up a roll @ $4.39/square ft. If it's good enough for the Pro Shop, isn't it good enough for you? I'm going with the 12X14 ft. roll for $778.08.




Next, you"ll need bar stools. I'm getting 4 of these bad boys from the Pro Shop. $139.95 each for a total of $559.80. Plop down on these and you'll want the game to go into multiple overtimes.











Obviously, you need a bar. I'm going with this oak beast, and I love the foot rail too. Not Packer specific, but that will change...It runs $1,599.oo









Everybody needs to see their Leinie's, New Glarus, Lite, or Old Mo'. Not much classier than these Mission-style bar lamps. I'm ordering three at $134.95 for a total of $404.85 of beer-viewing goodness.






In addition to the stools, you'll need somewhere to pass out...or have guests sit. To each his own. I'm going with this cushy sofa and this leather recliner.

The sofa is $699.95 and the recliner is $995.95 for a total of $1695.90.




A good Packer bar needs some legendary images on the
wall. #1 on my list is this framed Ice Bowl Sneak print for $165. I also added two more framed prints of Lombardi to complete the set. $165 each for a total of $495.







A Fathead? Why not? Classic "G". Enough said. $89.









You have to drink out of something right? I love these Lambeau Field pint glasses. I'm going with 10 @ $9.95 for a total of $99.50. Toss in 6 martini glasses for $65.70 and 6 wine glasses for $59.70. Total: $224.90





Gotta keep the hunger at bay, have some chips and dip from this tray for only $14.95. For the healthy eater, here's a veggie tray for $45.95. Got 'em both for $60.90.









Wow, took me awhile to notice this. What better place to spill your drinks cheering for another Rodgers to Driver TD than this helmet coffee table? A steal for $549.95.





If you've been keeping track, you'll notice I (or you) have $1542.62 left of my tax credit. Not anymore. 50" of Packer viewing pleasure for only $1,499.




$43.62 left over....Gone. Come on over, all are welcome.

7 comments:

  1. Wow - you just created Nirvana with $8 grand and the interweb. Congratulations - today is a good day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and a cheesehead to top the room off!

    http://www.packersproshop.com/products/hats_caps/novelty/sku_504b4e2183e31774/bf5edc400d7afd84/

    - Ryan GOPACK in D.C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now have an erection. I know this guy in Shawno, Pat Steelman, who has a custom Packers soda machine that he rigged up to dispense beers, I can talk to him and see if he could get me the blueprints. You could add that .... or frame one of those photos where they photoshop your name onto the back of a Packer's jersey and it's like you are standing on the field next to Dorsey Levens, Santana Dotson, Brett Favre and Antonio Freeman. That would be bad ass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much rigging did it take to get a soda machine to dispense beers? I mean, how did he even think that would work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the "rigging" entailed dropping in High Lifes instead of Sprites and duct-taping the beer label to the button...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, beer cans are slightly larger than soda cans, so they are designed not to work in standard soda machines. Therefore, it takes a little engineering to do this.

    European cans, soda and beer, are the same size as soda machines there dispense both beer and soda.

    Knowledge bombs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1) it allows me more time to sit in the library basement working and watching old Packer game tapes http://www.overbestmall.com/nfl-jerseys/green-bay-packers-jersey

    ReplyDelete

Google requires us to state we use third-party advertising, who may use information (not including your name, address, email, or phone) about your visits to provide ads of possible interest. For more information or to opt out, click here.
To contact us or to advertise, email packerranter {at} yahoo.com