Shop for Authentic Autographed Packers Collectibles at SportsMemorabilia.com

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

There Shall Be No Truce!

Occasional Thought: Growing up I always wondered what it would be like to play for the Packers. Now I wonder what it would be like just to play. Sometimes being an adult stinks.

Brett Favre is apparently meeting with Vikings braintrust Major Dad Childress and Wario this week. Brett Favre is simultaneously destroying whatever good graces still left in the tank with the Packer faithful.

Some fans – notably those in the TT fan club – have already said more than their goodbyes to Favre. Other fans – notably those in the BFF club – will always revere #4 no matter how many rivals he plays for. Me, I’m somewhere in the middle but definitely lean more toward the QB than the GM despite the fact both are VIPs in both GB and the NFL.

But I honestly thought Favre’s career was over after last year’s embarrassing finish with the Jets. I told myself, “I can’t blame the guy for taking one more shot. In fact, it might be kind of fun to see one more run by the Ironman in a non-NFC, non-threatening team.” With the news he is meeting with the Vikings, my tune is rapidly shifting. If he ends up wearing purple this year, you can bet the big screen you will see fans more singularly irate…more ridiculously hell-bent with revenge…more ravenously lust-filled for his destruction…basically, you’d see a stadium full of Bravehearts where Favre’s the evil Longshanks or 60,000+ Glenn Closes where Favre’s the cheating Michael Douglas. Maybe it’s half and half. Whatever, you get the idea.

Please Brett, just walk away from this one. In your quest to destroy TT, you are creating thousands and thousands of fans who would equally want to see you destroyed. Things can end now peacefully and without bitterness. I cannot say the same will happen if you go to MN. As my main man Yoda once said, “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” That suffering, for you my friend, will be having to see Green Bay claim another NFC North title in 2009. After all, they are the Vikings, and we are the Packers.

4 comments:

  1. And the ESPY for Douche-Bag of the Year award goes to Brett Favre. Can you turn on the waterworks one last time big guy?

    It would be funny if it weren't so sadly desperate by both Favre and the Vikings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Very apt.

    I'm about in the same position that you are--while I am more of a PACKER fan than a FAVRE fan, I still love(d) Brett and didn't think him with the Jets was that a big a deal... after all, we had Aaron and I was more than pleased with that, and I figured Brett just wanted to play again.

    But now... now it would seem there's something more nefarious going on, and it really upsets me. I don't like seeing the Favre whom I grew up idolizing turning out to be nothing more than a revenge-ridden old man. Ugh.

    Brett did a lot for the Pack in his career. I still believe he's earned the right to do whatever he so chooses to do for 2009... even if it's making himself look like a total fool/jerk for the endless waffling and turncoating. Because, really, in the the end, it's just like you said... Brett will just have to watch himself outgunned by Aaron... twice.

    That will be sweet justice.

    And I never thought I'd say this, but if Brett goes purple, I will doubtlessly be one of the fans celebrating when he gets completely sacked. Multiple times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelgamel, I think I should sit next to you at the game while we cheer for Favre getting sacked/picked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Farve will never quit, ever. He is like the Viet-Cong, Farve-Cong. What you gotta to do, ya gotta fall back on superior fire-power and superior intelligence. And that's all she wrote.

    ReplyDelete

Google requires us to state we use third-party advertising, who may use information (not including your name, address, email, or phone) about your visits to provide ads of possible interest. For more information or to opt out, click here.
To contact us or to advertise, email packerranter {at} yahoo.com